[VHFcontesting] WZ1V ARRL Sept VHF Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] WZ1V ARRL Sept VHF Contest
From: "Ron Klimas WZ1V" <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:47:56 -0400

3.4:
5.7:
10G:
24G:
-------------------
Total: 365 114 Total Score = 60,990

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:
Thought I'd try the Analog-only mode again this time
to see how activity would be with a dead 6M band.
IMO SSB-CW activity has increased but not dramatically.
It's a new change, so we'll have to see how it goes.
Once more people realize there's a bunch of stations
they can work that are analog-only it'll catch on.

Tropo conditions were fairly good Saturday, but
rain came Sunday and everything went pretty flat.
A few highlights were K3MD FN10 and N2JMH FN12 on 1296,
W3ICC/R in multiple grids through 1296, and a new
initial with K2TXB FN20 on 1296 with his new gear.
I also worked most of the New England grids on 1296,
lots of fun contacts. Guess you can tell I like 1296.
All with just 50 Watts to a single 55 element looper.

Also N2SLO just finished putting 222 back up Sunday,
giving me the QSO that pushed me past 50K points.
No equipment issues other than my arthritic fingers
getting in the way. TNX for the QSOs and the tries.

73 Ron WZ1V