Re: [VHFcontesting] Please make frequent use of SSB and CW in the Septem

To: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Please make frequent use of SSB and CW in the September contest!
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 16:39:52 -0400
I would agree with Gerry. I hope to be lurking around in the Sept Contest and will be on 222 & 432 CW and SSB.  I could get on six meters but it is almost all FT8, so I am inclined to let it be. Too bad because the four seven element yagis and the 3CX3000A7 work so well.  It was a killer setup!

The cost of a portable setup for me is not trivial, with diesel fuel at over $5 per gallon, so I do not plan a full time operation at all.  Look for me on 222 and 432 on CW or SSB. I still do not have my 144 yagis running yet. I did manage to get the tower for it started. I plopped a Rohn 45 section on the concrete !  Maybe I can prop a 144 yagi in a tree for the weekend?

My plan is to be analog only, but I sure like to use meteor scatter. It is a lot more fun than FT8 and is an effective way to spend late evenings and very early mornings.

73

Dave K1WHS