Re: [VHFcontesting] 6M and 2M Bandpass Filters

To: John O’Mara <w4nf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6M and 2M Bandpass Filters
From: Alex <alex@kr1st.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 18:12:41 -0400
Hi John,

I run a kW on both bands with the antennas mounted on the same mast and always
experienced minimal interference on either band (IC-7300/9700 combo). However,
I still added a B&W low pass filter on 6m and a DCI bandpass filter on 2m to
get rid of even that last little bit of noise increase I was experiencing from
transmitting on the opposite band/radio.

I put my filters between the radios and the amplifiers so I only needed
"barefoot" capable filters.

Of course, if you run preamps than the story changes.

73,
--Alex KR1ST