[VHFcontesting] 222 Night

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 18:20:59 -0500
Tonight is 222 activity Night. I have been very busy working on getting my 222 solid state transmitter going. I have a RF driver unit with three solid state amps for 50, 144, and 222 MHz. There is metering and switching system and I can read the actual RF drive power and current drain on the panel meters.   I am also bolting down the RF output filter and running RF cables using UT-250 semi rigid hardline. I am interfacing all the protection circuitry, and should have it all ready in a few days. With all that activity, I lost track of time and here it is being Tuesday night!!!  So get on 222.100 and see what you can hear and work. Chat pages include ON4KST  Region 2  144/432 and possibly the HB9Q 222 chat page if EME is being contemplated. That Moon looks awfully big in the eastern sky tonight.    Don't forget to tell us how you did with an after action report.

73

Dave K1WHS