Re: [VHFcontesting] pre-amp hookup help

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] pre-amp hookup help
From: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:05:19 -0500
The extremely short story is that I want to add a 70cm mast mount preamp
for my home satellite setup.  That doesn't seem too hard - sequencers,
bias tees, etc. - but of course it's the details that make it difficult.

I've gotten several replies from people that suggest just using RF
sensing pre-amps.  I had actually thought about doing that, but I read
too many comments from people who said that was a bad idea.  It's
helpful to hear comments from people that have had good experiences with
them.  So that's what I think I'll do.  Thanks!

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell