[VHFcontesting] February 1st is Tuesday, and that means 222 Activity Nig

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] February 1st is Tuesday, and that means 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 14:22:26 -0500
Hi VHFers,

This is a friendly reminder that today is 222 Night, so make some plans to show up right after dinner. I had been starting at 2300 UT in the early winter before the shack became inaccessible. It was really dark by then, and an early start made sense.  I would always run in to W1XR or W9KXI, so I know that some people are listening.  You can get on any time, but I know that activity in the northeast USA is usually over around 02:30 UT or 9:30 local time here on the East coast. I am chomping at the bit to get on, but, with the last storm, travel through the woods now requires snow shoes. I have no way to haul any gear.  This is making me plan to get things back together as soon as enough snow melts so I can get back up there.  Maybe I can be there for mid March?  That is only a month and a half now. It all depends on Mother Nature!

So warm up the gear and make some noise on 222 MHz this evening.

73

Dave K1WHS