Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and VHF contesting

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 and VHF contesting
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 21:19:47 +0000 (UTC)
I am not sure that rules changes are going to fix any problems. The fact is
that times change. I am on 6M, 2M, 432, 1296, 2304, and 5760, from my home
station. I have a legal limit amp, on 2M, 280 watts on 432 and 500 watts on
1296. Yes, all the, in and out of the noise contacts, that I made on SSB and
CW, a few years ago, can now be made with a modest station, using FT8.
Technology has changed the way we operate. I am sorry that this has
disillusioned and discouraged people.  Technology has changed a lot of things
in our lives. There is no going back.
Buddy WB4OMG