[VHFcontesting] SWR

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] SWR
From: Jeffrey Guenther via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 18:30:51 +0000 (UTC)
Hi guys.  Simple question maybe someone can assist?
I have 1:15 SWR going to the antenna at 100 watts from Icom 746 Pro with the
amp TE Systems 1452G switched off.   When I turn on the amp, of course I lower
the drive power 5 watts, the SWR between the rig and the amp increases as soon
as I reach 6 watts (about 220 watts) and I don't dare go further then 10 watts
between the rig and the amp due to the SWR approaches 3:1 in between them,
while the antenna only rises slightly to 1:4 on the Daiwa meter at 220 watts.
I am using RF sensing to key the amp. The amp specs say to drive the amp
betwwen 10 to 25 watts.  Never been able to do that due to the above.  Is 200
plus watts good enough?  I think we all know the answer to that.
Any reasoning why this is happening?  Using LMR400 coax.
Thank you for your time.
Jeffrey - KA2BKG

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android