[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:18:31 -0400
Yes I know that you are burned out from a weekend of non stop VHF and UHF excitement, but it is Tuesday and that means it is activity night around the country.  I just got a notice of some 222 activity on the west coast and there were six stations checking in to the WSWSS net on Monday evening. That is 24 hours after the Sept Contest ended. That means all you 222 denizens should have no problems getting on for a short while an entire 24 hours later! C'mon 48 hours have passed and you should all be well rested by now.  Put down the TV remote. Turn off your internet computer. I'll bet you have seen every dash cam in Russia anyway!! Spend some time on 222.100 or thereabouts and look for some SSB and CW activity. You can compare contest stories with your VHF neighbors.

I plan to be on 222 MHz starting at about 2300 UT on 9/14/2021. I hope to find lots of activity.

73

Dave K1WHS