Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 & Up Contest from FN55

To: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 & Up Contest from FN55
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 07:09:52 -0400
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the very interesting comments. I have been thinking it was probably just me who was experiencing the phenomenon of hearing stations work others that I never hear again. It is very enlightening to hear that you, a much bigger station further south, experience the same thing. One factor for me may be reduced activity up this way compared to the past, making it less appealing for people to spend much time looking this way. We have lost a lot of VHFers up in my neck of the woods and further north/east for various reasons. I'm doing my best to see that FN55 doesn't go quiet as some other grids have!

I had similar results listening to you running meteors with W0VTT. We seemed to hear him at different times. I think that is pretty common with meteors and is one reason so many stations can effectively share a frequency without many collisions.

That phenomenon you have with MSK144 transmissions starting late is very curious. When I first noticed it, I suspected my clock but I checked and it was exactly correct. Then I noticed your transmissions were ending exactly on time. Hopefully you will be able to figure out what's causing it!

73,
Paul N1BUG