[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night for August 3, 2021

To: "NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net" <NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net>, "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night for August 3, 2021
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 10:53:34 -0400
I have been skipping out from many of my social duties this summer in order to be there for 222 night. The XYL has been very understanding.  She knows that I am busy on Tuesday evenings. I usually arrange to be home for the entire day and get some other work done as well.

This Tuesday is an exception. We have a visiting couple of couples this week. (Four of them!) They will be visiting us at our camp/lakeside cottage up north. They arrive Tuesday afternoon and I will be there instead of on 222 MHz at 7 PM. There is no way I can get out of it, but I promise to back next week on August 10. I know all you "regulars" know what to do.....Get on in the evening and make noise on 222.  It isn't hard.  In my absence that usually means the band will open up for something great. Maybe we'll have an aurora, or maybe some sporadic Es that peaks up above 222?

Sadly, I'll miss the festivities. Lately I have been working on the 222 tower and H frame, getting ready to add elevation to the four long yagis. I am having a special plate system welded up and as soon as that is finished and I can drill a few holes in it, I will be ready to put the EL rotator up. I even have a new Prosistel azimuth rotor to replace the cranky one that is up there now. The two C clamps holding it together are getting rusty and aiming it is a crap shoot, but it is still functioning after a fashion. I won't know what to do when I get an accurate azimuth readout again.   Good luck to all on Tuesday!

73

Dave K1WHS