[VHFcontesting] W9SZ ARRL June VHF Single Op Port QRP

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W9SZ ARRL June VHF Single Op Port QRP
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 09:22:48 -0500

  3.4:   1      1
  5.7:
  10G:   1      1
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  37     29  Total Score = 2,204

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had fun in this contest! SSB/CW only. I was surprised at the amount of
activity
in this area. I did better than expected. My new FT897D works well on 144
and 432.

Only a couple things went wrong this time. I couldn't get the 6m beam on the
mast that I had. It's been a few years since I used it and I forget how I
did it
before. And the 2304 transverter didn't seem to be working. There was no
one to work
on 5760 this time.

The weather was just about perfect. I had been planning on operating on
Saturday
but the higher temperature and humidity levels on Saturday plus threat of
thunderstorms made me change my plans. I operated on Sunday morning instead.

73, Zack W9SZ

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_-8651152549602175484_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>