[VHFcontesting] W8ZN injury update

To: Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W8ZN injury update
From: Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:56:04 -0400
Hi All,

Please forward this to any other VHF reflectors  if you desire.

On May 15th, I was putting the finishing touches on my new 4 bay array for
2m which is on a 10' roof top tower, being at 2400' ASL has it's
advantages! I didn't notice the back side of my metal roof was covered with
pollen and when I stepped on it my feet went out from under me and I
slid 20' and then fell 19' onto the ground. It knocked the wind out of my
but I never got knocked out. Once I got my breathe back I verified all body
parts were there and pointing in the right direction and began to assess
the damage. My left side was numb but my leg and feet worked so I didn't
think I injured my spine but I kept motionless until EMS arrived.

I had horrible lower back pain right at my tailbone. At the hospital I go
the news of a shattered L1 vertebrae with shards causing spinal cord fluid
to leak, two broken ribs, fractured sternum and abdominal bleeding.  Had a
7 hour operation to install metal rods in the back and now in rehab.

Margie and I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring  of offers to help
and we thank everyone. My brother is heading in to town to help, my roving
partner K1RA and I've called on K1WHS to assist so we will be back going
soon.

Me, K8GP, K8GP/R along with Directive Systems will be back 100%, we just
need some time.

I've climbed for 55 years, been to 1800 feet on a tower, NEVER had a
mishap. As with K2DRH, leave it to a damn ladder or a roof to mess you up!!

73 and thanks to all

Terry Price - W8ZN
Directive Systems and Engineering
703-754-3876