[VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF Activity Nights

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF Activity Nights
From: "Roger(WA1NVC) Coulson" <wa1nvc@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 09:46:57 -0400
About two years ago Kim, WA1PBU, and myself (WA1NVC), started promoting the old VHF/UHF Activity Nights. Kim is in Bolton MA on a good hill and I am in Framingham MA at the bottom of a hill.

We have promoted a MONDAY activity night on 144.195 USB at 8 PM local and have continued since then. We have encouraged people to get on with whatever they have for antennas and radios. There is also a new group on the south shore that gets on 144.244 USB at 7 PM local on Monday. More are welcome!!!

I see that Dave, K1WHS, is now promoting a TUESDAY activity night on 222.100 USB at 7:30 PM local. Go Dave!!! See you there.

We have promoted a WEDNESDAY activity night on 432.100 USB at 8 PM local but the response was much less than the Monday night activity.

Anyone want to promote a THURSDAY Activity night on 902 MHz and up???

Roger
WA1NVC

P.S. There is the KO1I beacon on 222.064 in Maine FN44. Sometimes I can hear it here.