Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone?

To: JACK NYIRI <nyirijp@comcast.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Where Have All the Multi's Gone?
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:02:00 -0500 (EST)
Jack: All the reasons you listed are viable. It is hard work to set-up a multi
station, even harder if it is portable. I'm sure that has something to do with
it. Our silent keys and aging may be factors too but the differences in #'s is
striking.

I apologize that all my attempts to show the chart I put together got messed up
by the reflector - it was a much better visual than just reading my words.

In 2000 (September contests data) there were 76 multi's submitting a log with a
combined cumulative average score of the top 10 of 714K (in 2005 that went up
to 991K) and there has been a steady decline since. In 2014 a record # of Multi
logs were submitted (81) with a combined cumulative average score of the top 10
of only 249K but in 2015 that # dropped to 31 with that avg top 10 score of
172K. The # of Multi log submissions have been hanging out in the 30's since
then. The combined cumulative average score of the top 10 has now dropped to
the low 100K area (2019 = 114K, 2020 =105K [Covid]) so different from the 991K
in 2005.

73,
Ed K3DNE