[VHFcontesting] N6ZE (DM04ne) 70cm SPRINT Report

To: "pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com" <pnwvhfs@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] N6ZE (DM04ne) 70cm SPRINT Report
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 14:20:01 +0000 (UTC)
Did not go to operate from a ridge within city limits of Thousand Oaks,CA until
9:00pm until I had watched democracy in  action: the VP candidates debate.That
resulted in my not working K4XSS in DM02, because he went QRT just before I got
on the air. That'll teach me to minimize my operating time in a SPRINT!
Conditions not spectacular & activity levels quite low: most stations used FM.
Grids worked: CM94, DM03, DM04, DM13. A total of 10 stations worked. I didn't
hear DM12 & DM14 & apparently they were not heard by other SoCal stations
either.
FT857 & 9 element horiz polarized yagi.
I plan to operate in Microwave SPRINT on Saturday morning.
dePete, N6ZE