[VHFcontesting] UK has Eliminated Multi-Op and single Op Shared Stations

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] UK has Eliminated Multi-Op and single Op Shared Stations for Present Time
From: CHRISTOP PATTERSON <w3cmp@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:43:18 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all:

Although it doesn't directly affect a lot of us on March 19th the RSGB
announced: "As a result of the UK government’s recent advice on social
distancing, it is with regret that the HF Contest Committee (HFCC) and the VHF
Contest Committee (VHFCC) have decided that, with immediate effect and until
the end of June 2020, we will no longer accept multi-operator contest entries
for any RSGB Contest.
Single operator entries from shared stations will also not be accepted, unless
the station is being shared by family members living at the same postal
address. The HFCC has taken the decision that the RSGB HF CW NFD Contest (June)
is cancelled for this year.
We have decided not to ban portable operation by single operators because of
the potential mental health benefits associated with engaging in hobbies etc.
as well as the lack of person-to-person contact in normal single operator
contesting. However, we encourage everyone to follow the government guidelines
regarding social distancing and unnecessary travel.
We will review these rule changes regularly in line with the most recent
government advice to determine if we need to extend or modify the restrictions.
In early June we will decide if the VHF NFD, the IOTA Contest and SSB NFD can
go ahead as planned."
mailto:ian.g0fct@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20RSGB%20HF%20and%20VHF%20Contest%20Rules%20Changes
 In addition, the UKSMG (United Kingdom Six Meter Group) has also eliminated
the multi-op category for this year's summer Es contest in June.
Is there any word from the ARRL about eliminating entry categories or
cancelling contests?
73,  Chris Patterson W3CMP