Re: [VHFcontesting] Weird ft8 contact on 2M. Did anyone else see it?

To: Alexander Svirsky <as@shawsheen.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Weird ft8 contact on 2M. Did anyone else see it?
From: Gregory Winters <greg_winters@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 18:40:19 +0000
Running MSK441 on 6m as a rx-only reverse beacon I would every week or so
decode a call from places as far as Albania, not making much sense as my lousy
moxon wasn't even up 20ft here (not even above roof level) down in the
Willamette Valley in SW Washington state. Normally I'd be lucky to decode MSK
from Vancouver Island BC.

Lots of gibberish was also decoded over the few months I let it run.

Did you switch back on FT8 from NA Contest Mode when the contest was over?

Greg, K3RW