Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Operating Proposal

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contest Operating Proposal
From: "Walter Miller, AJ6T" <aj6t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:12:11 -0600
Paul, et al

Getting stations together at the same time and on the same mode is one of the keys to higher QSO rates, especially in January when propagation is likely to be poor.  All of the skeds I have ever run "at the top of the hour" began on the hour (19:00, 20:00, etc.).  The bottom of the hour begins at 30 minutes past the hour (19:30, 20:30, etc.). Let's see if we can get critical mass going on SSB at the top of the hour and CW/digital at the bottom of the hour.  Operators are not likely to hang around those watering holes for very long.

I hope to be operational from a new QTH in Tennessee (EM66) with a very low-key effort.....10 watts and attic antennas.

73, Walt, AJ6T, EM66