[VHFcontesting] W5DMB/R

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W5DMB/R
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 12:23:10 -0600

The W5DMB/R rover is planning on being on the road this weekend.

We should have
  50   -   100 watts horizontal omni
144   -   100 watts 9 element yagi
222   -    100 watts 10 element yagi
432  -    100 watts  15 element yagi
902  -     (maybe)
1296 -     2 watts (or maybe 15) 20 elements

We are on SSB and CW only (maybe FM)

We will try to make a much noise a possible.

My cell phone number is 512–636-5587 - text message is preferred.

I will also be on Slack.  Direct messages more likely to get noticed.
 - K5RMG slack
 - N5OAK slack
 - NTMS slack
 - VHF-CHAT slack

We are trackable on APRS as W5DMB-R

https://aprs.fi/#!call=w%2F7772975739&timerange=3600&tail=3600
<https://aprs.fi/#!call=w/7772975739&timerange=3600&tail=3600>

This is the outline of our plan:

We will start near the corner of EM10 / EM11 / EM20 / EM21 at the start of the
contest
Heading north we will do all of these grids.

EM10 / EM20
EM11 / EM21
EM12 / EM22
EM13 / EM23

We will head north from there up to EM13 / EM23
We will then head west and spend the night west of Fort Worth

In the morning we will head south from:

DM93 / EM03
DM92 / EM02
DM91 / EM01
DM90 / EM00

and if time permits we will end the contest at 03z in

DL99 / EL09

Last year we made it to DL99 but ran out of time just as we crossed the line
into EL09

We look forward to working you in all the grids.

73 - see you on the bands
George K5TR
and
Sara W5DMB