Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint Oct 1 - Eastern MA activity?

To: Leandra MacLennan <leandra@leandramac.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint Oct 1 - Eastern MA activity?
From: wa2vnv <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 03:13:05 -0400
I'm not sure if I will be on for the 222 sprint but please give your 6 digit
grid locations to help pointing to you. I'm so west of you in FN30kv long
island and will look ur way. Usually several down this way if you have a clear
shot. 73 George WA2VNV FN30kvSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Leandra MacLennan
<leandra@leandramac.com> Date: 9/30/19  1:19 AM  (GMT-05:00) To:
vhfcontesting@contesting.com Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint Oct 1 -
Eastern MA activity? I'd like to find out who else in the Eastern MA / Southern
NH / Northern RI / (maybe southern Maine?) area will be active during the 222
Sprint on Tuesday evening, Oct 1.I will start in FN42, likely on a hill in
Brookline (northwest to northeast view) or if I have poor coverage move to a
hill in Needham (southwest to northwest view). I have not decided yet if I will
rove to a second location in FN41 (two hour drive there and back plus setup
time) in addition to FN42. Will anyone else be staying up late to make this
effort worthwhile?I will be operating out of my car and will have a 5 element
beam on a 15 foot stand (I will be on a hilltop). I can work sideband with my
25 watt transverter. I could also work FM on 223.50 but with only 5 watts. I
will not have FT8.I will be active from 7 P.M. to 8 P.M. local time or later if
there is more activity, and if there is enough interest I can setup in FN41
(Raynham, MA) and operate from 10:00 to 10:30 P.M. local time.I will likely
hang out on the 222.100 watering hole, or if it is busy be somewhere in the
range 222.100 to 222.160.Respond to the reflector so we can get our activity
plans publicized, or if you'd like to set up a sked, send me an e-mail. My
e-mail is my callsign at arrl.net   -Leandra,