Re: [VHFcontesting] Why not ask?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Why not ask?
From: Joe N2TEE via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 14:45:07 -0400
Band running dichotomy of following the stations elsewhere rather than staying on one's current band can be a knotty choice.?? If the primary station is exceptionally strong, I move up the band with them.?? Just tail-end or throw your call ONCE between gaps in speech just so they know you're there.?? If you are fortunate, both stations may hear you.?? Stay put on the new frequency and let the primary station finish running with the other station.?? If you're lucky, the station may come back and work the bands with you as well.?? This isn't much of a risk if the lower band isn't all that hot to begin with.?? More points for the higher bands drives this behavior.?? I can't eschew this behavior since it makes the most sense for maximizing scores.

I am not a competitive player and support the cause of keeping the VHF/UHF busy.?? So this heavily influences my comments above. Others may feel differently when they have more skin in the game. Enjoy your time behind the radio and have fun.

Joe N2TEE