[VHFcontesting] 1296 question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 1296 question
From: "N8GLS" <n8gls@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:25:44 -0400
Was an active on 2m VHF for long time and now have a rig that gives me 432
and 1296.  The 2m feedline to the tower is a 110 ft run of Andrews LDF6-50A
1-1/4" hardline.  On the tower it transitions to about 50Ft of BuryFlex to
the 2m beam.  I would love to add two more runs of feedline to the tower for
432 and 1296 but I have no more room in the PVC pipe so am thinking of
looking for a suitably rated remote coax switch to mount at the tower (much
like I do at HF).  However, I am having trouble justifying even trying this
due to the losses, especially at 1296, I mean is it even worth it ??
Preamps notwithstanding, that's a lot of feedline loss.  Is anyone else in a
similar situation but having fairly good results on 1296 ??

Thanks for any comments,

Brad, N8GLS