[VHFcontesting] Field Day, FT 8 and Six Meters

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Field Day, FT 8 and Six Meters
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 17:54:07 +0000 (UTC)
It appears that every radio club, in the country is going to have FT 8
stations, for Field Day, this year. The Lakeland (Florida) Amateur Radio Club
asked me to "handle" the 6M FT 8 station. Something that I noticed, in last
week's VHF Contest is that people were operating FT 8 and totally neglecting CW
and to a certain extent, SSB. Even with NA Contest mode, you can still make
contacts much faster using CW. When signals get strong, switch from FT 8 to CW.
This will help everybody's score. Also, remember there are two 6M FT 8
frequencies. During the VHF Contest, everybody was on .313.

Buddy WB4OMG