[VHFcontesting] W4IY

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, flagpole@stu2.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W4IY
From: Stu <stu@stu2labs.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 19:02:04 -0400
Hello All - The W4IY contest group plans to go to Blue Knob Ski Resort in FN00 for the June VHF contest. USDA closed access to our normal operating site on Flagpole Knob (FM08jm). Our plan is to use KM4KMU's Jeep with his antennas and a single station operating on 6, 2 and 432. We will have 500W on all three bands. Only 3 or 4 of us plan to man the station and we will book rooms at the resort.  We will go up Friday afternoon and leave on Monday morning. We will have SSB, CW and FT8.

Our main goal is to test the station to see if it's viable. Our group has shrunk over the years and manning two stations has become a problem. The digital modes may attract a new crowd, so perhaps we can reverse our trend. If all goes well, we will be back on Flagpole in September.

Stu2, W7IY