Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VHF/UHF Beacons in EM63pf

To: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] VHF/UHF Beacons in EM63pf
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 23:52:29 -0600
Gedas,

Here is some information about the lookout tower.

http://nhlr.org/lookouts/us/al/pinnacle-lookout-tower/
<http://nhlr.org/lookouts/us/al/pinnacle-lookout-tower/>

It’s at about 800 feet elevation. The 2 Meter beacon uses a single, horizontal
loop and is mounted about eight feet above the top of the tower.

All other beacons also use single loops with two exceptions:

10 Meter Beacon: Uses a 1/2 wavelength vertical.
432 Beacon: Uses two loops, stacked and phased.

Hope this helps.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
Maylene, AL
EM63nf
AMSAT #38965, ARRL Life Member, CVHS Life Member, SVHF Member