[VHFcontesting] Fwd: Meteor Shower timing?

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: Meteor Shower timing?
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:27:08 -0600
During a shower, be on at it's peak.  You can check one of several sources
on-line for the proper peak time, or use Virgo, if you can overcome it's
finicky nature.

http://www.dl1dbc.net/Meteorscatter/

Virgo says the peak time for the upcoming Orionids is 21 Oct at 1717Z.
Today in EN75, the shower radiant set at 1714Z and I don't know which way
that is trending, so, if you're lucky, maybe the shower will peak early.
The shower rose today at 0302Z.

If I was running a DXpedition, I'd get on early (0600 local maybe) to take
advantage of the diurnal peak in randoms and stay available all morning,
through the peak or the set, whichever come first.  Of course, be on
PingJockey.  I need EN75 on 2M and, although it's a haul, since I know your
going to be there, I be on PJ and will certainly try to run with you.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.