Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 GHz & Up Contest this weekend - log submission op

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 GHz & Up Contest this weekend - log submission options when both weekend events are completed
From: Roger Rehr W3SZ <w3sz@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 09:28:26 -0400
HI Steve and all,

If you haven't completed scoring the most recent 10 GHz and Up yet, there are some aids that may make the task easier.

First, if you are running N1MM, you can download the experimental version that includes the 10  GHz and up contest (and which will be included in the next public release).  It will correctly score the contest for you.  You don' t need to re-enter your contacts.  Just click Tools >> Rescore Contest and you are set.  It gives of course number of unique callsigns and total distance score in addition to the total score.  It is at:
https://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=20

Second, I have added in the first printed field of the pdf file for each record in the K1RZ/W3SZ Database the Azimuth, Distance, and Reverse Azimuth of each station relative to whatever grid you enter on the Database File Download Page.  This is at:
http://w3sz.x10.mx/k1rz/K1RZDownloadPage.html

Just enter the grid for which you want distances, etc. and click one of the PDF download option buttons.  IF you click one of the "Download PDF File Sorted by Call" buttons, then you will get a pdf file with stations sorted alphabetically by call, with the distance and heading information in the first column for each.  The distances are rounded up using the ceiling function, as required by the contest rules.  I have not yet implemented this for the "Download by Date" pages.  I am busy with other tasks and will get to that after next weekend is over.

The purpose of this page was so that Rovers ("Portable" stations in the 10 GHz and up lingo) can make a pdf file for each location that they plan to visit and then be able to quickly get azimuth, distance, and reverse azimuth information for any other station from that location.  The records can be sorted by callsign, grid, or azimuth at the click of a button from the download page.

Third, if you just want a quick heading and already on the K1RZ/W3SZ webpages anyway, you can go to the main page by clicking at the bottom of any of the other pages, and there is a link to a quick Maidenhead Grid Distance and Heading calculator that I put on the site.  The Main Page is at:
http://w3sz.x10.mx/k1rz/k1rzmaster.htm

and the grid calclulator is at:
http://w3sz.x10.mx/k1rz/NewLatLong.html

This last calculator does not round to integers.

All of these use the same Vincenty Algorithm that I've used for distance and heading information in AircraftScatterSharp and PackRatFInder.  The former has been around since 2012, and the code is well-tested.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ