[VHFcontesting] K5ND/R September Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K5ND/R September Contest
From: James Wilson via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:40:11 -0500
My rove went reasonably well despite the rain on Saturday and, of course, the
poor 6 meter Es for the weekend. I set up the rover operation in seven grids:
EM03, EM02, EM01 on Saturday; EM11, EM21, EM22, and EM23 on Sunday. I managed
34 Qs and 14 grids on 6 with several FT8, including K0GU as my longest QSO --
he was very patient with decoding some of the time but not always. Two meters
had 54 Qs and 20 grids with 70 cm at 23 Qs and 13 grids. My fellow rovers were
great, particulary KG5UCA/R who regularly texted me when he arrived in a new
grid. You can find a full write up on my blog at
https://www.k5nd.net/2018/09/arrl-september-vhf-2018-results/
<https://www.k5nd.net/2018/09/arrl-september-vhf-2018-results/>