[VHFcontesting] W3XO

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] W3XO
From: Pat Patterson <ppattrsn@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 11:55:11 -0500
Worked Bill for the first time in April, 2012.  I was a newbie on 2M weak
signal and had a nice tropo opening from North Little Rock to the Texas hill
country.  We visited for about 30 minutes.  He was very encouraging and made me
feel welcome.  Met him a few months later at the Central States VHF Conference
and we continued our visit.  Bill was a pioneer in every sense of the term.
Worked him last year in the June contest from my Rover…was the highlight of my
rove.

RIP Bill.

Pat, W5VY