Re: [VHFcontesting] We have a Situation here....

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] We have a Situation here....
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 14:25:33 -0500
On Sun, Jul 1, 2018 at 2:19 PM, Tom <k8tb@bosscher.org> wrote:

> I've been a long time 6 meter putz level enthusiast.  It seems that the best
> solution would be to politely ask the WSJT team if there is a way to idiot
> proof the program so that if someone is in contest mode, they can exchange
> with some one who is not.

Um.  No.  Nothing else in amateur radio is "idiot-proofed" why a
particular piece of software?  If an op is education-proof which,
granted, is a growing problem generally not just in radio, then just
don't work them..  Or work them and don't log them.  If they ask why
you didn't upload to LOTW (or whatever), tell them.