[VHFcontesting] EN86 for the contest, then EN67 because we can...

To: FFMA@yahoogroups.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] EN86 for the contest, then EN67 because we can...
From: Tom <k8tb@bosscher.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 16:54:34 -0400
My three buddies and myself plan to be in EN86 for the VHF contest. We should actually be set up by tomorrow night, Friday, June 8. We will be on the air before the contest, 6 meters only. We have a K3, KPA500 and a M2 5 element, up about 50 feet in our "Ham-Van". (as seen in Dayton this year). We would like to be on other bands, but for other reasons, it will be 6 only. I promise if the band opens up, we will be on voice and CW, but if the conditions are a little poor, we will be on FT8, and hopefully MSK144 in the morning for any rocks.

Look for the call K8JH. (pictures of the van are on his QRZ page, along with schedule updates)

Then on June 11, we will pack up from EN86 and truck on over to EN67 at Brockway Mountain. We have the permit from the township to stay over night at the lookout point. We should be on the air from late Monday, June 11 until Friday, June 15. 6 meters only (we will also be on 20 FT8, maybe 40 for the ARRL grid Square contest. ). We are praying that we have access to Internet up there, if so, we will be on the ON4KST page. Again, look for K8JH.

Hopefully a group of 65 years olds can survive this, and we will return home. Saturday, June 16.

73 de Tom K8TB