Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Logs for LoTW

To: Pete K0BAK <rxr978-vhf@yahoo.com>, Steve Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Logs for LoTW
From: Pat Patterson <ppattrsn@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 11:31:13 -0500
I don't think the "location" requirement is a punishment for /P, /R folks.  If
you want to use /P or /R LOTW confirmations for VUCC you need the location
data.  It's a bit tedious to set up but not much effort after that.
73,Pat, W5VY/R

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5
-------- Original message --------From: Pete K0BAK via VHFcontesting
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com> Date: 5/17/18  11:05 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Steve
Kavanagh <sjkavanagh1@yahoo.ca>, VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Yes, you do. It's the only way to get a /R (or / anything) signature on your
logs, and therefore the only way you and your contacts will get matched if they
logged you with /R.
The good news is that you can use your existing certificate to request the
additional one; you don't have to start from the beginning like with the mailed
code. Look for help on the lotw.arrl.org website for additional (not
replacement) certificates, and follow the directions carefully.
Bad news is, continuing LotW's relentless hostility to us mobile/rover/portable
operators, each "location" in TQSL applies to only one callsign certificate.
-- Pete K0BAK