[VHFcontesting] Transverter Thread: A Treasure

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Transverter Thread: A Treasure
From: peter h via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:23:32 -0400
Earlier this month, I gave a talk on VHF/UHFing, Portable Ops, Roving, etc for
a local radio club which has members who have been licensed for 6 days to 60
years & have a few years of education > PhD.

Virtually no one was aware of the term "transverter" or what they can do! I
mentioned 'transverters' primarily because of the dearth of SSB/CW equipment
for the 222 Mhz band and I merely mentioned an EU & Asian provider.

I think that I'll write a transverter addendum 'stealing' from the ideas of the
VHF Contesting Group to put on their web site.

Thanks for the great postings!

bt73
Pete, N6ZE in DM04ne today

PS: G/L to all in 70cm SPRINT tonight