Re: [VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome transverter?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:00:04 -0400
Steve,

I may have missed something last time I checked but it looked like
DEMI had options to cure drift in that manner for 450 MHz and down,
2.3 GHz and up, but nothing for 903/1296. The ZL2BKC board seems to
fill the gap. While the various phase locking solutions seem fairly
priced for what they do, it can be the straw that breaks the camel's
back for those who arguably shouldn't be contemplating these bands
in the first place. :-)

I decided my $25 crystal heaters probably can't do much for the
Micro-LO which is why I pushed the DEMI onto the more-or-less-reject
pile. Nothing against DEMI, just not a good option for me with that
much drift. It remains to be seen what I can do for the old UHF
Units but hopefully I can improve it somewhat.

73,
Paul