[VHFcontesting] DEMI 1296 transverter and M57762 amp F.S.

To: 'Pack Rats Reflector' <packrats@mailman.qth.net>, VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] DEMI 1296 transverter and M57762 amp F.S.
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 18:47:27 +0000
Hi all, I have a DEMI 1296 transverter for sale. It came to me from Chuck,
WA3IAC. This is the helical resonator filter model with a single board and the
LO under a little tin can. It's in the extruded clamshell case (not diecast,
vintage is 2002-2008). . The transverter started life as a 1295-144LP model but
I looked in there and the cutout for the power amp module (originally a
Mitsubishi M67715) was in there, D.C. all wired up and just jumpered input to
output so the transverter did about 10-15 milliwatts. I had an NEC SC1043
module and it fits in the hole. With some minor lead bending,  I got it in
there and we now have a 5 watt transverter. It has the 1-10 watt I.F. drive
option installed set for 5 watts input at 144, but that is easily changed. The
transverter is also set up for common IF (BNC) and split RF (SMA female
connectors), thought that TOO can also be changed. The onboard antenna relay is
in there with an N connector on the back panel, so going back to common R
 F is easy. There is no "aux" RCA jack (like for antenna relay etc) on the back
panel so if you used this with an external amp and preamp you'd to need to add
an aux output or key it from a sequencer. The 2 RCA jacks on the rear are Power
13.8vdc and PTT wired for Gnd to TX. I'll put the thing back to "common RF" no
charge if that's how you want to use it (i.e. "stand alone")

here's the manual for basically all the versions off the DEMI web page.
http://01895fa.netsolhost.com/PDF/Manuals/1296-144CKrD.PDF

This transverter is very clean and I'd like $200 plus shipping for it.

I also have an Mitsubishi M57762 ~18 watt power amp built sort of "dead bug"
style on a heatsink. This originally went with the transverter though they
don't really mate up that well since the M57762 module needs 500mW drive and
the transverter now does 5+ watts out. I figured someone might want it just for
the module which is good and pretty rare these days. There's an SMA relay on
there 18-20 volt coil which I assume works (maybe a bit slowly) at 13.8v.. also
some SMA jumpers etc. $50 + ship gets you the whole thing.

Happy to answer questions and I can send pix.

prefer PayPal for payment..

bill, K1DY