[VHFcontesting] Portable 50 MHz beam antennas

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Portable 50 MHz beam antennas
From: JamesDuffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:38:32 -0700
Mark - You asked:

>  I'm curious if anyone knows of any suppliers for small 50 MHz beams that
> break down and re assemble quickly and easily.   Google searching on my part
> didn't turn up anything that is currently in production.

I have about 10,000 miles on a PAR SM-50 Stressed Moxon in my rover. I
recommend it highly:

< http://www.parelectronics.com/stress-moxon.php >

It is simple construction, light weight, easy to put together and take apart
with not much if anything in the way of tools. It packs into s lightweight
bundle about 42 inches long. It will be 1.5 to 2dB down on a 3 element Yagi,
but I think that the convenience more than makes up for it. Dale offers good
support for his antennas. - Duffey KK6MC