[VHFcontesting] IC-706MKIIG vs Yaesu FT-897D

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IC-706MKIIG vs Yaesu FT-897D
From: Nick Pick <nicolasgagnon@hotmail.fr>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 02:55:31 +0000
Got to ask the experts... got a fellow local ham, that proposed me to exchange
my IC-706MKIIG for his Yaesu FT-897D, I use the Icom on HF mostly in FT8 modes
and on V/U using FT8, MSK144, FLDIGI for cw name it, of course my SignaLink USB
won't work anymore without rewiring and ordering new cable... And my other new
rig since december is a nice Yaesu FT736R so... thinking of it, an all Yaesu
familly... just wondering if the 2 rigs are of similar "value" for V/U
contesting, PRO/CONS?

Nicolas

VE2NCG