Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts

To: A VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Thoughts
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 17:38:02 -0600
On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich <mike@ka5cvh.com> wrote:

> Soooooo, I stumble across on DX Eng, an EAntenna 50DDO-R2.   It's ~sorta a
> squashed down quad.  So I'm thinking about a slightly modified mounting
> version. The short boom and height are pluses as I can turn is sideways in
> transit.  My only real question is ..... Would a traditional dimensional
> design be superior and if so, marginal or significant.

Mike restates

I wasn't really looking for a lot of stories as I'm no novice to
portable ops and even roving albeit its been a while since I played
around last.  What I was looking for ...and I state it again ...

My only real question is ..... Would a traditional dimensional (quad)
design be superior and if so, marginal or significant.

I presumed that I'd get some thoughts (advise) about whether squashing
the dimensions of a traditional quad down to the dimensions of the
EAntenna would have any significant degrading of the signal whether
gain or pattern.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com