[VHFcontesting] KIIIG 2ghz Beacon moved

To: "NEWS" <newsvhf@mailman.qth.net>, "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KIIIG 2ghz Beacon moved
From: "Steve \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:06:12 -0500
 The K1IIG 2304.320 beacon at FN31nl has been moved to FN31tt. It was at 480'
hmsl and is now at ~830hmsl running the same 25w to stacked 3db wheels with 38w
ERP.
Temporarily I put a lower power 2.5w beacon at FN31nl on 2304.340 using the
10db Alford slot with 15w ERP.

If the new site in FN31tt, Coventry CT performs as expected, I will move the
10db slot replacing the 3db stacked wheels. TBD

The reason for the move is something those on this band might be interested in.
AT&T has recently commissioned a 2ghz band transmitting on 2350-2360mhz. Should
you be near one of their sites
and do not have filters, you may experience RFI. In my case the cell is only a
few hundred feet away so the RFI is mutual. My noise floor is over S9 with my
Mast Mounted SSB tower mounted preamp.
I am in the process of testing filters to eliminate their interference.

PLEASE SEND ME SIGNAL REPORTS ON BOTH BEACONS TO HELP ME COMPARE LOCATIONS.

73's
Steve K1IIG
FN31nl