[VHFcontesting] Any one use an FT-991A with a mast mounted pre amp?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Any one use an FT-991A with a mast mounted pre amp?
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:46:51 -0500
I would like to add a 2M mast mounted pre amp to my station.  The FT-991A has a
rear jack for tuner and RF power amplifier control.  The manual describes each
pins purpose (ex: TX INH, TX GND, GND) but it gives no information on the
function of each pin or more importantly timing information.  I would like to
think that I can use these pins with a set of relays to prevent transmission
until the pre amp is taken out of the RF transmit line.

I can not find anything on line after several google search sessions describing
these pins, their affect on the transmitter  or showing how anyone else has
used a mast mounted pre amp with the FT-991A (or the FT-991 for that matter).

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

73
John Young
KM4KMU