[VHFcontesting] Freqs for MSK144 on 144 and 222 MHz ?

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Freqs for MSK144 on 144 and 222 MHz ?
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:17:06 -0700
Hi.

I posted a similar query to the WSJT yahoo list and got a limited response (but
I'm great full for the response I got.)

I'm pondering operating frequencies for a roving expedition during the sept
contest.   Does anyone see an issue with running MSK144 on 144.144 and 222.080
?   I expect to be working from sites with little (and in at least one case
none) Internet and cellular access.   The basic concept of operations is to pre
announce locations, frequencies and times and call "in the blind" at times (as
well as listening lots.)  This approach has worked for me in the past on 50 MHz.

On 50 MHz I'll use 50.260 with an alternate of 50.263 (this seemed to work ok
during the June contest.)

Any suggestions are welcome (especially if the frequencies I'm contemplating
using are likely to be in use for other modes.)

Thanks

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com