[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest - FN05 Activation

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, <OntVHFAssoc_reflector@yahoogroups.com>, <ve3_contest@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest - FN05 Activation
From: Steve Kavanagh via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:23:00 +0000 (UTC)
A small group of operators is planning to be on again as a multi-op from
fairly-rare grid FN05 (about 200 km north of Toronto in FN05ce) for the CQ
Worldwide VHF Contest this coming weekend, using my call, VE3SMA.  We hope to
have about 300 watts on 2m and at least 100 W on 6m.  For MSK144 meteor scatter
on both bands we will post our frequency and sequence from time to time on Ping
Jockey.  Look for us on the following frequencies for CW & SSB:

6m CW: just below 50.100,
6m SSB: 50.137 or 50.177
2m CW/SSB: 144.200 (when band is quiet), 144.177 or 144.237

A couple of years ago we were able to make a couple of JT65 EME QSOs on 2m
shortly after moonrise.  We hope to attempt that again as EME conditions
promise to be decent. There is a chance we will have some capability for EME
with an elevated antenna as well.

Sked requests are welcome.  We'll likely monitor ON4KST chat, etc. on and off
during the contest but, in accordance with the CQ contest rules, we aren't
allowed to say much (with some limited exceptions for digital meteor scatter
and EME attempts) !

73,
Steve VE3SMA