[VHFcontesting] In the ... its no big deal department

To: A VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, A FFMA <FFMA@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] In the ... its no big deal department
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 19:49:07 -0500
I'm driving from the Houston area up to Colorado Springs on Friday
leaving La Porte ~0700 and probably getting into the Springs by ~2100.
We're going up through Ft Worth Amarillo over to Raton (NM) and then
to the Springs.  No rare or even much needed grids along the route and
for six I'll only have FM while mobile so I'll be hanging out on
52.525.  I'll be coming back the next Saturday (22nd).  I will be
calling CQ at the top and bottom of the hour for a couple of minutes
each time  My son, KC5MPK, and I may go up to Pikes Peak another
yawner, on either Thursday or Friday for a while and be on 50.125 SSB
as the FT-991 & KB5KQ loop is going too.

We also plan to operate with the 991 on 40 & 75 from Moraine
Campground in RMNP a little too,mostly in the evening.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

STX ASEC - Training