Re: [VHFcontesting] North-West FN41 VHF Rover Sites

To: "Michael Clarson" <wv2zow@gmail.com>, "Sean Waite" <waisean@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] North-West FN41 VHF Rover Sites
From: "STEVE NOTEBOOK" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 11:15:42 -0400
HI guys, I am reading your comments and have a few to add. Right now I am on
vacation in FN51av in S.Wellfleet about 1/2 mile from the Marconi site. Not
a good vhf location surrounded by 60-70 pine trees but I did put up a beacon
on 144.272 running 10w while I am here for the month of July. At this time
it is on a 11ele yagi pointing 260' towards CT. Many have heard it in CT, NY
and when rotated in VT and NH so I guess it does get out somewhat through
the trees. Next week I will put up a halo higher and see how it plays, take
a listen. I also might goto a great location in Truro which I have worked on 10ghz
when others were there. I will take the 2m yagi and work some of
the mornings gang on .205. I am on most mornings on 144.205 8-9:30a using my base at home
remoted.

Michael, I use to be a tech working for Ed Bristol, SK and maintained the
Brooklyn Microwave site. This was in the 70's with SNET. Can't say I
remember you. I later went to Cellular Engineering where I retired in 2001.
FYI, I believe there is a DMR repeater at that site. Bald Mtn in Union where
there is another Microwave site is good and of course Mohawk Mtn. in Goshen.
I will be at the NEWS picnic this weekend.
73's
Steve K1IIG

Sean: I used to manage a a former microwave antenna site owned by SNET in
Brooklyn CT (near intersection of US 6 and I 395) Nice site, good shot SW.
It is private property, now managed by AT&T. I suspect AT&T is not that ham
friendly, but that might be a good area to look. Wish I could be of more
help. --Mike, WV2ZOW