[VHFcontesting] Roving with MSK144

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Roving with MSK144
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 16:15:14 -0700
Just FYI.

I spent approx 2 hours during the last contest running MSK144 on 50 MHz while
making every effort to send my call with a "/R".  My efforts netted me 6 QSO's
during a time period in the afternoon that is typically not very productive for
me during contests (un less there is a significant band opening.)

I mostly followed a process I worked out prior to the contest to complete QSO's
while sending a "/R". I wasn't using any of the online message boards (Internet
access was almost nil where I was.)

I did get two inquires via SMS / text messaging or cellular phone call re my
process but four of the six QSO's were completed without any additional
coordination other than the messages transmitted and received via MSK144.   I'm
satisfied the other two QSO's were also completed over the air.

Thanks all those who made the effort to work me.  My apologies if anyone found
my process a bit confusing (and I recall having to start over a few times due
to errors on my part.)

I am pleased with this outcome and expect to spend more time running MSK144 in
future contests (likely from areas where there is no cellular / internet
coverage at all.)

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ/R