Re: [VHFcontesting] Concerning Internet in Zone2...

To: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Concerning Internet in Zone2...
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@w1ve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 11:24:19 -0400
Marshall, be a bit creative.

This is Zone 2, not the moon.

https://www.isptbo.ca/xplornet-plans---pricing.html

25Mbps Satellite service for $64.00 a month.   Yep, you need gear.  Call or
email them and tell them what you are doing.  I bet they will loan you
a terminal for the period of your expedition.  Even if not, you can
probably buy the gear for less than a satellite phone rental.

I bet you'd be pretty good at pointing the dish! :-)

73,

Gerry VE1RM / W1VE

Gerry Hull, W1VE  Hancock, NH USA
Member: ARRL, YCCC, YCCCN, CW Ops