[VHFcontesting] grid + topo map for rovers

To: "packrats@mailman.qth.net" <packrats@mailman.qth.net>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] grid + topo map for rovers
From: Pete K0BAK via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 12:58:19 +0000 (UTC)
Don't know if this is old news, but I recently stumbled on a SOTA map project
that provides a nice tool for rovers and portables. Shows terrain map with
optional Maidenhead grid overlay; contour lines appear at the usual zoom levels
for Google maps.

I pull and zoom the map to my desired area, then go to the "Grids" pulldown
menu overlaid on the top edge of the map, and click the "Display grid" checkbox
with the "locator grid" radio button checked (by default).

http://www.sotamaps.org/index.php

-- Pete K0BAK