[VHFcontesting] FW: ION-SCATTER

To: <VHFContesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FW: ION-SCATTER
From: "Tom Holmes" <tholmes@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:06:26 -0400
Posting for K8TQK.

Tom Holmes, N8ZM

Subject: ION-SCATTER

Tom, could you forward this message to the vhfContest reflector?

It did not go for me..

I ran skeds with Dick K0MQS in en31on 144, almost dayly for many years..

We used ssb and cw and saw ms, tropo, e-skip, and ion-scatter.  It took some
time to understan ion-scatter..

Time of day modes did change.

The following equipment was used: K0MQS, 4X 2M5WLS, AT 150 FT,SSB PREAMP,
1500 WTTS.

K8TQK 2x 2M5WLS AT 80 FT, AMSL IS 1320 FT., SSB PREAMP, 750 WTTS.

ION-scatter was not there every day, but when the other modes were not, we
could copy on ion-scatter..

Ion-scatter may have been covered up with the other modes.

Many days we had 2 or 3 modes going on over a 2 hour or more period of time.

We ran with no elevation.

This is what Dick and I foundrunning these skeds..

BOB K8TQK EM89JE..