[VHFcontesting] C6AFP Beacon

To: VHF <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] C6AFP Beacon
From: Crownhaven <crownhaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 07:52:00 -0500
Information for those of you who have been tired of the tone on the C6AFP beacon, FL16. The spare was placed into operation last night. 50062 is the frequency vs. 50040 on the high-power unit. The latter is coming back to the states to figure out what is going on with it. The spare is only two watts vs. 40. Sorry it took so long. Not sure if anyone will be able to hear anything these days but I would appreciate any reports. If I can get the regular one working and back in place, I'll see about getting the freq on the spare changed to 50040. I'll let everyone know when "chirpy" is back in business.

Thanks again for your patience.

Steve, N4JQQ/C6AFP

FL16, Settlement, New Plymouth, Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, The Bahamas